Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas and New Years

New Years resolutions are a joke because I tend to break them practically a week later but I am going to try it once again for what feels like the millionth time. This year I resolve to do better. I tend to set a million goals at the beginning of every year because there is always so much I would like to do better. This year I'm setting two goals. That's it. More can come later once I have these two down.

1. Exercise more. I have really slacked in this department. I was doing really well for most of 2013 and I was pretty darn proud of myself. But with lots of personal health and emotional challenges toward the end of the year, exercising was not my priority. This year it is. I am getting a pass to the rec center and am going to all the fun classes with my friends.

2. Journal writing. I don't know why I can never stick to this because I literally think about it every day. I have even set a reminder in my phone to write in my journal every day but I ignore that reminder until the next and then the next and the awful pattern continues. I want my kids to be able to read about my early years in life. Hopefully this means that I'll blog more and take more pictures.

My New Years was quite uneventful to be honest. I've been sick with strep all week long. Lovely. My Christmas, however, was awesome. Pictures and videos says it all:

Us delivering some gifts on Christmas Eve to some less fortunate families

The boys scored big time with nerf guns. 

I caught my Mother in Law playing with the nerf guns by herself. What do you expect...she had 4 boys. It's in her blood.

And Jared did REAL good with his gift this year. He got me a wedding band! I was shocked. 10 points for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment