Wednesday, October 3, 2012

9 for 9

I'm 9 for 9 everybody! I have worked out every single day for the past 9 days minus Sunday but that doesn't count. And 7 out of those 9 days have been at 5:30 in the morning. I feel super good minus the fact that I have had a splitting head ache every single day for the past week. Not normal. Anyway, my work out consists of:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday are my cardio days. Some days I run around and around and around the track. It gets boring but I like it for some reason. Some days I ride the bike and then go run around and around afterwards. Most of the time it feels like I can run faster after I've just beaten the crap out of my legs from being on the bike...go figure.

Tuesday/Thursday are my weight days. I'm not super good with weights but I do it because I like to justify by saying that I need to tone my body. But really it's because I just don't want to run around and around anymore. Most of the time I do my upper half of my body with free weights but now I've started to do my lower half because I really need to strengthen my legs so I can run farther.

I've decided that I need to get real running shoes. Right now I just wear my cross trainers and they are terrible. I can't run with them because they are too heavy so I end up just running bare foot because I run faster. And because of that my calves are so. stinking. sore.

All I'm trying to say is I'm proud of myself. I've never been able to consistently keep a good work out but I've done pretty darn good the last couple months. I get out of shape so fast so I hope I can keep it up.

Oh and PS...

2 and a half months till we go here:




and here
SOOO excited!

1 comment:

  1. Dude. Barefoot running is the shiz, I seriously love it. But it will kill your calves. I did a couple races barefoot this summer and I will say for distances longer than four miles, shoes are good. But I got these super awesome minimalist shoes called Vibram Merrell from Runner's Corner over by Costco (best running store ever, waaaaaay better than 26.2) and they have been fabulous. So if you like the barefoot thing (which is so great) I still recommend getting a minimalist shoe.

    ReplyDelete