Thursday, March 28, 2013

To the man who shook his head

Last night I went for a run outside since the weather has been gorgeous. I was at a stop light waiting to cross when I saw a man in a car staring at me and then he just shook his head and drove off. My immediate thought was, did I just offend him with the way I scratched my forehead? No that must not be it because that would be silly. For the remainder of my run I could not stop thinking about the possible explanations for why that man might have shaken his head at me. I was only in to my first mile out of my 3.5 mile run when this happened so I had quite a long time to think about it.

-Was it the fact that I looked like I was dying since I had just run up this massive hill? Well I'm proud of that because I have never been able to run up that hill without walking until yesterday. I finally did it. I was pretty proud.

OR....

-Was it my blinding white pasty arms and legs. I mean, IT IS the first time these babies have seen the sun in about 6 months so that could definitely be a possibility.

OR....

-Was it the awkward sweat marks on my pants? Well I'm proud of that too because I worked my butt off yesterday....literally. Because that's where the sweat marks were. (TMI? Yah....probably)

And then I thought....

-Oh my goodness could he tell what music I was listening to? I WAS at that moment being serenaded by Justin Beiber which I guess is something to shake your head at. UNLESS you're listening to "boyfriend" (which I was) and that is definitely never something to shake your head at. Love that song.

I finally realized at the very end of my run what it must have been. I remembered that as I stood at the cross walk I had spit into the bushes. Which I guess isn't a very lady-like thing to do but who cares? We all do it. When you have a brother who is a MASTER at spitting, who would stand in the door way by the side of our house, would spit over the fence and hit the crazy neighbors house right next door, well of course I would ask him to teach me how. And yesterday I did what I had learned many years ago from my brother and I'm not even ashamed. Apparently this guy was.

SO....to the man who shook his head at me, whatever your reasons may...I am going to continue to wear my sweaty pants, blind the public eye with my pasty skin, allow JB to speak to my soul, and spit my little heart out for everyone to see because that is just how little I care about your little head shake.


1 comment:

  1. YEAH! i always oakie-blow my nose on my runs. its fine. you're still a lady.

    ReplyDelete