Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Love Story Part 1

Let's just begin with last Summer was when Jared and I first met. I had just gotten out of a relationship and had made clear rules for myself that boys were not going to be part of my life for a while. I was perfectly content doing my own thing. I had made a lot of friends that summer and I was confident that it would remain that way. I was loving being independent and loved that I finally had control over my life. Nothing was stopping me. I felt on top of the world. I had not a care in the world. But of course, life has a funny way of working out.

I wish I could say that we had that perfect love story, ya know...boy meets girl...girl falls in love...boy breaks her heart...boy realizes he's an idiot...wedding bells ring...baby #1 comes along. But that's not how it happened. In fact, the exact opposite happened...boy meets girl...boy falls in love...girl breaks his heart...girl realizes she's an idiot...and lets multiply that "girl breaks his heart" part by 3 shall we?

So lets get into the nitty gritty...

It all started during the best week of the entire year...nope not the week  before Christmas...Shark week.  Jared had asked me on our first date which was taking place after our ward talent show that night. I spent at least a good solid hour getting ready....curled my hair, picked out my outfit (jeans, white t, with my coral cardigan) and was ready to make my grand entrance at the ward talent show. I wanted him to take one look and me and say, "I have a date with that girl tonight and I want everyone to know about it."

I was under the impression that we were leaving straight from the talent show for our date. So, after the talent show concluded, I walked out with Jared, purse in hand, feeling confident in my choice of apparel, ready to flirt and was definitely workin' it. I was slightly embarrassed when Jared turned to me and said, "okay, so I'll pick you up in an hour at your apartment?"
Me: (trying to act cool) yah that sounds great! I'll see you then.

My thoughts at that very moment were: Are you kidding me??? I looked like a complete idiot especially since Jared had seen me earlier on in the day with straight hair, regular jeans and t-shirt. I totally looked like I was trying way too hard...probably because I was. I reminded myself that I was not even getting involved with boys. I played it cool...went home and waited upon his arrival...

Stay tuned for Part 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment