Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tender Mercies

The past few months have been some what of a whirlwind for me. I feel like I work constantly, which I actually don't mind. I really love my job and I love the people I work with. I really have nothing to complain about, I'm only taking 6 credits right now, working 30 hours a week and the rest is kind of undecided. But the past few weeks I've really noticed how much God is apart of our lives every day. He consistently gives us tender mercies on a daily basis and I would say that most of the time we don't even recognize them. Needless to say, I've had a couple experiences that have really strengthened my testimony of how much God is really aware of us and our needs.

This may be a very silly example but it really strengthened my faith. The other day Jared and I were doing laundry  and were literally one quarter short from completing a load (yes we have to use coin operated machines). We decided to go up to campus anyway and take our tests and then on the way home we could pick up some quarters from the bank. I kept thinking how awesome it would be if I just found one quarter on the ground on the way to campus. I will have you know that I stared at the ground the ENTIRE way to campus. I had total confidence that I would find a quarter. Nonetheless, we didn't find one on the way to our home from campus. It really wasn't a huge deal to go get more quarters but what an inconvenience right? Only ONE quarter short. We got home and decided that we were going to look under the machines in case a quarter had dropped. Sure enough...there was just one quarter sitting under the machine. Now you may say to yourself, "total coincidence." And what I have to say to that is, "I think not." In my eyes, it was definitely a tender mercy.

On a more serious note...As many of you know, I have applied for a full time job at my work and I just had my interview on Tuesday (Glad it's over). For the past few months, I don't think there has been one prayer that I haven't asked for help and confidence going into my interview. A few days before the interview as well as the day of, I pleaded, begged, and literally cried for help. As soon as the interview was over, I walked out and found myself saying,"I nailed it. I'm awesome." I immediately texted Jared, my mom, Dad, and my mother in-law to tell them how good I felt. A few minutes later I got in my car, and was immediately humbled. I recognized that I was not alone in that interview and I was definitely being guided by the Spirit. How often do we do that? We beg and plead and sometimes even cry for help and when we get our answer, we take all the credit for it. How prideful are we? I'm grateful that God sometimes has to humble us to teach us a lesson. And in my eyes, those lessons are little tender mercies.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, cute Julie :) You are awesome. Good luck with your job and your busy lives in general. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete